New Recipe: Chickpea Cutlets
*Note: A great alternative to eggplant or chicken cutlets.
- 1 16 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of vital wheat gluten
- 1 cup pf plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup of vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried sage
- Olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, pressed or diced
First, place the chickpeas in a large bowl and mash until they’re mostly broken up. Next, toss in all the remaining ingredients and mix with clean hands. *The gluten will form everything into a solid dough that is stringy when stretched apart. Then, divide out and form 8 cutlets into patties. Pour a little olive oil in a large frying pan and cook for around 5 minutes on each side - or until brown and crispy. Serve with roasted vegetables and potatoes, green beans, tomatoes or risotta.