Green Bean French Fries & Basil Aioli Sauce
- ½ Package of Trader Joe’s Green Beans (8 ounces)
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of skim or almond milk
- 3 cups of Panko bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons of pepper
For Aioli Dipping Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ¼ cup of basil leaves or 3-4 frozen basil tablets
- ½ teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 medium garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Fill a large pan with water and bring to a boil. Blanch the beans for 5 minutes and immediately remove them and drain in a colander. Rinse with cold water to stop cooking.
Gather three medium-sized bowls. In the first bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. In the second bowl, combine the egg and milk, whisking to combine. In the third bowl, place the Panko.
Pat the beans dry and dredge in the flour mixture, then into the milk/egg mixture, and finally into the Panko to coat. Arrange the beans in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil which has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
Bake beans for 18-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
While baking, put all your aioli ingredients into a blender and mix together. Refrigerate until served.